- $80,530.00 -103,350.00/year*
Job ID:? 152150
Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. ?Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. ?Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. ?Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH.
We are looking for 2nd Shift (1pm-10pm) Scale Operator for our Mt. Hope Quarry. This individual must have the ability to communicate and demonstrate leadership qualities. Must have the ability to fill where and when needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Enter FOB orders at the point of sale accurately
- Verify that material, truck number and destination of material are accurate for Tilcon delivered orders.
- Verify that tickets are signed.
- Dispatch trucks using the daily schedule.
- Work with material order associates and communicate schedule discrepancies and no shows.
- Update empty weight of trucks as required
- Produce point of sale reports as directed.
- Daily preparation of tickets, checks, credit card slips and cash receipts for Accounts Receivable Department.
- Understand and comply with Tilcon New York, Inc. and CRH procedures, policies and processes.
- Assists other departments and perform related duties as requested or assigned
- Regular and timely attendance is required
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Assists other departments as requested or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School or its equivalent plus at least (6) months experience in clerical work
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities
- State Certified Weighmaster License (upon completion of training)
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office). Some minor trouble shooting
- Experience in customer service and end of day reconciliation
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Familiarity with basic routes in Southern, Northern & Central NJ and New York
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and company procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to work with / and have a general understanding of all departments in Tilcon New York Inc. facilities
- Must work scale hours Monday through Friday and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, Holidays, and overtime as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- When in the field, required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Dust masks & Hearing Protection.
- Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
- Must provide excellent customer service by phone; scheduling and organizing large numbers of people and equipment efficiently and quickly.
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently and perform under pressure.
- Working knowledge of English and Math, office practices and procedures
- Ability to maintain records and files
- Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and deal with simple problems
- Ability to deal effectively with questions or problems, seeking assistance when needed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able work independently in a fast paced environment
- Should be assertive, self motivated and be able to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
- Fine motor
- Repetitive motion
This position requires an employee to lift:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
- Hot weather
- Cold weather
- Wet weather
- Exposed to noise
- Exposed to high heat
- Moving equipment
- Safety, Integrity, Quality formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of OMG and Tilcon s core values.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Tech Savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology application
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas?has a long and proud heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
?EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this?link.?
?* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...